Skip to content

Day 10: A house hunt round two?

November 30, 2011

If this blog were a novel, yesterday’s lingering conclusion, “we’ll see what tomorrow brings…”, would have been a great foreshadowing to today’s twist.

I just turned down the sellers’ offer of contributing $400 to repair their damaged roof. According to the roofer’s estimate, however, it may cost up to $1000 to repair. Turns out they saved a few bucks up front by having a friend do the work. Their problem to deal with, not mine. If I hadn’t already agreed to additional costs, like purchasing major appliances, and deciding to let a few other unsatisfactory inspection items slide, this one might be ok. But there comes a point when enough is enough.

I’m praying I didn’t just mess things up; but I saw a note on their fridge that they have home inspections this week. Is $400 really worth it to lose a buyer when they’ve already found another house?

To be continued…

Advertisements
3 Comments leave one →
  1. andrea permalink
    December 1, 2011 11:14 pm

    I hope not, but don’t be surprised. We had 1.5k in damages to our floor, the sellers already packed their stuff and they still wouldn’t budge. Hopefully your sellers are in a different position. Fingers crossed!

Trackbacks

  1. Day 11: Waiting « Unfolding the Story of My Life
  2. Day 70: Decorating = anxiety; memories = happy « Unfolding the Story of My Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: